Contacts screen appears when user taps “Contacts” menu item from Left Menu. Screen contains three parts:
- Navigation Bar
- Left Menu button
- Search Bar
- Right Menu button
- Contacts List
- Index List
When app is first installed, the user has to grant access to CallSwitch Communicator app for device’s Address Book in order to access contacts. When screen appears, if there are no contacts, or if the user has not grant access for device’s Address Book contacts, then there will be a label with “No Contacts”.
By default, contacts are ordered ascending by name and surnames are bolded. Tapping on the search bar, activates search of contacts. Search can be done by name, surname, number, email, company.
Index list contains all letters from English alphabet and # for contact which identificatory starts with non-letter character. Tapping on a letter from Index list on the left, will scroll contacts list to the section with the letter tapped.
Tapping on the contact from the list will display a Contact Screen with the details of the selected contact.
8.1 Contacts Screen’s Right Menu
This menu (image 25.b) appears:
- User taps Right Menu item from Contacts Screen.
- User swipes from right edge of the Contacts Screen to left.
When this menu is shown:
- in Menu Bar:
- On the left, “Close” button is shown.
- On the right, “Contacts” Label and icon are shown.
- menu items are:
- Ascending - sorts contacts by name if sort order is “First, Last”, surname if sort order is “Last, First” in ascending order.
- Descending - sorts contacts by name if sort order is “First, Last”, surname if sort order is “Last, First” in descending order.
- Sort Order
- First, Last - will sort by name.
- Last, First - will sort by surname.
- Display Order
- First, Last - displays name then surname.
- Last, First - displays surname then name.
All options from Right Menu imitates iOS options from Phone App on IOS devices.
Image 25. - a) Contacts Screen
8.2 Contact Screen
This screen is presented when:
- User taps contact in contacts list on Contacts Screen.
- User taps contact in Favourites list on "Favorites" Screen.
- User taps contact in recents list on Recents Screen.
When this screen is presented, it shows the contact’s details like image, name surname, company, list of phone numbers, list of emails and Add to/Remove from Favourites button.
If a contact is added to Favourites list, “Remove from Favorites” button will be shown, or else “Add to Favorites” will be shown. In navigation Bar “Back” button is displayed.
8.3 Contact’s Number Country Select Screen
This screen (image 26.b) appears when user taps on the “Info” Button in Contact Screen (image 26.a).
On this screen user can select a country from which SIM phone number is. This information is then used when making a call, if E.164 number formatting is on, for better number formatting.
E.164 Number Formatting can be set in Settings -> General, under “Other”, option “Enable E.164 Number Formatting”, and is more explained in section.
If there is already country selected for the given phone number, then that country should be selected on the screen when it is opened.
Image 26. - a) Contact Screen b) Contact’s Number Country Select Screen.