You’ve placed the order with us - awesome!
Once you've submitted your order, we always aim to acknowledge it within 2 hours. If the order is sent out of hours, we will pick this up the following morning, during office hours. (9 - 5:30, Monday-Friday)
We may need to get in contact with you for further information prior to submitting your order for validation.
We will confirm the the install date and login credentials to you via email.
We always aim to do all of the above within 24 hours of the order being received.
Activation of your connection
Throughout the course of the day that the line is due to go live, the order will be manually checked by our team to see if this has been completed by BT.
Once we can see the order has completed, we will set this to “live” in the control panel and send out an email to you with confirmation that the broadband service is now live.
Please note: A broadband line has up until midnight of the activation date to be set as live. If an order is not showing as live by the end of the activation date, we will then review the order again in morning to ensure that the order did complete successfully.
How to prevent delays
- Ensure the address provided is registered with BT by using the following link; https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.address
- Ensure the product you've requested is available in the desired address. You can check the availability of broadband in your control panel.
- Provide all contact details for the designated on-site contact(s), and also any special site arrangements for the engineers.
- If a specific username and/or password details are to be used, ensure these are sent with the order.
- If any specific date of activation is required, please ensure this is made known at the start of the order.
SIM Provide order process
- The PSTN is always the first part of a SIM provide to be placed
- If the address provided is a “gold address key”, the order will be placed as a SIM2. (See here for the definition of a SIM2 Provide).
- If the address is a“silver address key”, then the order will be placed as a SIM1. As the address key is silver, this will cause a slight delay with an installation date being provided. This is because Openreach will need to carry out additional checks on the site and additional engineers may be needed.
- Once the PSTN order has been placed, we are issued with a SIM reference, which we will use to place the broadband order. This SIM reference is what matches the PSTN to the broadband service.
- Once both the broadband and the PSTN line have been placed, we will then be given a committed date for both the broadband the PSTN installs.
- We will then send you the live date, and email the login details in the form of a confirmation email.
- Once we see that the PSTN install has been completed, this provides an indication that the broadband will be completed within the next few hours.
- Once we see the broadband order is completed by BT, we will send across a confirmation email.