Your first step should be to use the Local Network Status Checker to see if there is a known issue in your area that could be affecting your phone or broadband service.
If the telephone landline is also down and it's not supplied by TelcoSwitch, it is well worth contacting your PSTN provider first, as the majority of broadband faults are PSTN related.
If the line linked to the broadband has a dial tone we ask that you complete the following steps prior to raising a support ticket. These test will rule out the possibility of issues with the phone line, equipment, and internal wiring.
Follow these steps to start your diagnosis procedure;
- Check that you have power to your equipment (Router)
- Check any equipment that's connected to the telephone line - Telephones, Router etc.
- Restart the broadband equipment by turning the power off for thirty minutes and powering back on, this will ensure your connection is properly reset.
- Make sure all the cables are correctly connected and haven’t become loose.
- Plug a telephone into the socket and check for any crackling or interference on the phone line, if there is then please raise this with your PSTN provider.
- If you're using Wi-Fi, check your connection is working correctly. Have you another device you can test this from?
- Test with a different broadband router if you have one available.
Still no luck?
If you have completed the above and are still experiencing issues, please get in touch by raising a ticket with our Support Team. Please ensure that you include the CLI and installation address when raising your ticket.