Check the TelcoSwitch Status Page
Your first step should be to check our Status Page. Here you'll find the latest updates on any known network and service issues. You can also subscribe to receive email or text updates on any issues and planned maintenance.
If all services are operational on our Status Page, please follow these steps:
- Check the NTU and the router/switch have power - If operational, you will see a series of lights on the front of the device.
- Check the NTU for any alarm lights - alarm lights will either be orange or red. It's important that this is made note of, as we will need this information to diagnose further.
- Check cabling between the router and the on site NTU device to ensure nothing is disconnected or loose and replace if they are old or look tatty.
- Check all cabling on the NTU, ensuring the fibre patching is not disconnected or loose.
- Connect a laptop directly to the unit (in place of the router/switching) and configure your local address to the first usable IP address in your assigned range, this information will be in your ethernet hand over certificate.
- Now open a cmd prompt or terminal and try and ping the gateway as determined on your hand over certificate. If you are unable to ping the gateway then connectivity to our network has not been established and you will need to raise a support request.
Once a support request has been raised, your SLA will commence and the team will investigate the issue and aim to resolve it as quickly as possible. We'll keep you updated at all times through your ticket.