The main menu bar appears across the top of the CallSwitch Communicator window once you have successfully logged into your account. It provides access to many key areas of the application:
2.1 CallSwitch Communicator menu
- About CallSwitch Communicator - shows information about the currently installed version of CallSwitch Communicator.
- Preferences - opens the CallSwitch Communicator Preferences (settings) window.
- Services - opens Mac OS X Services and keyboard shortcuts.
- Hide CallSwitch Communicator - makes the CallSwitch Communicator windows disappear from your screen.
- Hide others - makes all other visible applications disappear from your screen.
- Show all - shows all applications.
- Quit CallSwitch Communicator - logs out from active connection(s) and close the CallSwitch Communicator
2.2 File menu
- Log out - logs out from active connection(s).
2.3 Tools menu
- Get web browser add-ons - installs browser add-ons which allow users to select and dial a phone number Directly from a web page. Supported browsers are Internet Explorer, FireFox, Safari and Chrome.
2.3 View menu
- Chat history - shows the history of chat conversations with your Contacts.
- Departments - shows a list of company departments.
- Received faxes - shows a list of received faxes. Select one from the list and click to download the fax as a PDF.
2.4 Contacts menu
- Sort Contacts by status - sorts your Contacts according to their status.
- Sort Contacts alphabetically - sorts your Contacts in alphabetical order.
- Show only online users - displays only the Contacts that are currently online.
- Refresh - refreshs the Contacts list.
2.5 Help menu
- Help - opens the online support documentation in a web browser.
- Check for updates - checks online for official product updates.
- Choose edition - selects the edition of CallSwitch Communicator that you wish to use (Business), according to your license. If you are unsure which edition you are licensed to use, please contact your TelcoSwitch account manager or TelcoSwitch customer.